[NTG-context] bibtex startup

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Oct 2 18:42:42 CEST 2007

> Following the example, I have not indicated explicitly in the tex
> file the name of the biblio file. I guest it is implied by the tex
> file name (or not?)

  It's not. Look at the output by texexec: it tries to open xampl.bib.
Just replace it with the actual name of the bib file.

  There would be no real point in making the name of the bib file depend
on the name of the ConTeXt file you process: the aim of bib files is to
hold a database of all your references so that you could share it
between all your documents; you could even have a huge list of all the
books you would ever refer to. So of course you can split them into
different categories but it does not really make sense to have one bib
file for each ConTeXt document.

	Arthur