[NTG-context] bibtex startup

Andrea Valle valle at di.unito.it
Tue Oct 2 22:34:04 CEST 2007

Thanks Arthur.
No words needed. I totally agree with you. It's that I was confused
by the xampl.bib. I didn't understand it was just an example file (oh
well, I should have suspected, indeed...).

Best

-a-

On 2 Oct 2007, at 18:42, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>> Following the example, I have not indicated explicitly in the tex
>> file the name of the biblio file. I guest it is implied by the tex
>> file name (or not?)
>
>   It's not. Look at the output by texexec: it tries to open xampl.bib.
> Just replace it with the actual name of the bib file.
>
>   There would be no real point in making the name of the bib file
> depend
> on the name of the ConTeXt file you process: the aim of bib files
> is to
> hold a database of all your references so that you could share it
> between all your documents; you could even have a huge list of all the
> books you would ever refer to. So of course you can split them into
> different categories but it does not really make sense to have one bib
> file for each ConTeXt document.
>
> 	Arthur
> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
> _____________

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> andrea.valle at unito.it

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who
doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this
guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with
me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss
Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)