[NTG-context] encoding/compiling issues (macosx)

Andrea Valle valle at di.unito.it
Mon Oct 8 16:05:44 CEST 2007

Thanks Wolfgang,

> Can you send e example to the list.

http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/misc/

01_etc: the pdf from which we copied and pasted
andreaConTeXt: compiled with XeConTeXt (fine)
env_etc: the env (we're using a project structure). We have tested
both with and without the \enableregime[utf]
miriamConTeXt: here we have black boxes
miriamXeTeX: here we loose accents
prd/pro: just for the record, the structure files
semiotiche: the bib files we refer to
source: the tex source

>> More:
>> We can't do
>> ctxtools --updatecontext
>> it complaint it cannot fetch the zip
>
> you can download the zip-file from pragma-ade.nl or one of the mirrors
> on unzip the file in your local tex tree

Thanks (but why cannot I?)

>> Differences:
>> 1. I am on macbook pro, she's on macbook (both on 2007 intel)
>> 2. I'm using the English version of the macosx system, she's using
>> the
>> Italian one.
>
> shouldn't be a problem

I guest so too

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> andrea.valle at unito.it

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who
doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this
guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with
me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss
Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)