[NTG-context] problem with alignment

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 10 14:53:01 CEST 2007

2007/10/10, Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier at free.fr>:
> Hi all,
> Playing with right alignments this morning, I discovered that
>
> \setupalign
> [left]
>
>  ipsum in  elit
>
> Duis placerat
>
> nec augue
>

> puts text *on the right*, while
>
> \setupalign
> [right]
>
>  ipsum in  elit
>
> Duis placerat
>
> nec augue
>

> puts text *on the left*.
>
> The \startalignment[left] and  \startalignment[right] commands produce the same inversion.
> (The \rightaligned command works as expected)

> 12:32 jean at boldair /home/jean % texexec --version
> TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
>
> --
> Jean

Hi Jean,

the bevahiour from setupalign is normal and come from the \raggeright
definition in plain TeX, it is fixed and can not be fixed beause of backward
compatibility.

The alignment commands on the other side are newer commands
and fix this old behaviour, you run in this problem also with the align keys
in the setups for many commands and environments.

Wolfgang