[NTG-context] need help with creating a grid with context

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:02:07 CEST 2007

2007/10/10, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>:
> On 10/10/07, MASON Peter J wrote:
>
> > Hope to create a regular (1cm spacing) grid on page, of bullets. Ultimately
> > over the whole page.
>
> Why not using MetaPost?
>
> \starttext
> \startMPcode % or \startMPpage
> for i=0 upto 10:
>   for j=0 upto 20:
>      fill fullcircle scaled 1mm shifted ((i,j) scaled 1cm);
>   endfor;
> endfor;
> \stopMPcode
> \stoptext
>
> Mojca

Because TeX is faster in this situation and it takes more time to write
the Metapost code in external file, process this file, convert it into a PDF
file and include it into the document etc.

I know what I say because this was one of the reasons why the sgf module
place the field within TeX and not with Metapost, a matter of speed and you
can reuse the objects.

You should also replace the fullcircle with drawdot in your example, drawdot
renders better on screen and looks better.

Wolfgang