[NTG-context] MKIV: encoding for pdf-strings

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Tue Oct 23 22:30:05 CEST 2007

Hi Peter,

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:30:23 -0600, Peter Münster <pmlists at free.fr> wrote:

> When using luatex, utf encoding is not taken into account in
> pdf-strings. Minimal example:
>
> % engine=luatex
> \enableregime[utf]
> \setupinteraction[state=start,author=Peter Münster]
> \starttext
> Peter Münster
> \stoptext
>
> Output of pdfinfo:
> Author:         Peter Münster

Hmm, it works here...

===============
Author:         Peter Münster
Creator:        ConTeXt - 2007.08.07 17:52
Producer:       luaTeX-0.10.1
===============

But why are you using \enableregime[utf]? I think that's redundant...

A curiosity: With \enableregime[utf] commented the file size is 2919
bytes, with it uncommented it's 2918 bytes.

I wonder where the extra 1-byte savings with \enableregime[utf] is coming
from...

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shi`i Studies