[NTG-context] luatex

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Oct 25 21:21:41 CEST 2007

> In my further exploration I came across another product, toally unrelated,
> dealing with spreadsheets.  with the name of luatex.

  Yes, this was mentioned at the ConTeXt meeting last spring.  It's a
bit frustrating, sure, but ...

  Interestingly enough, this other luatex is to be parsed Lua / t / eX
because the last two letters stand for Excel.  And the normative
spelling is LuateX with an uppercase X :-)

>                                                        Is the name luatex a
> trademark?

  Not that I know of.  I don't think there would be any benefit to it,
though.  Recall that the name TEX itself---all uppercase---was a
trademark since a couple of years by the time TeX was created.  Who
remembers this typesetting system by the Honeywell company today?

	Arthur