[NTG-context] itemize and math

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Oct 30 22:56:13 CET 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:

> Is there something like an \mathstrut macro? (I know, that there
> exists a macro with this name, but that uses ')' as height.)

For single line math, the height of ) is sufficient. If you want larger
heights you can do

\def\bigmathstrut{\vphantom{\big)}} (replace \big by \bigg, \Big, to suit
your need). If you really want something big you can try

\def\bigmathstrut{\vphantom{\frac{\displaystyle\sum_{(}^{)}}{\displaystyle\sum_{)}^{(}}}

Usually things do not grow bigger than this.

Aditya