[NTG-context] Font sizes using Chinese module

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 21:47:12 CET 2007

On 11/7/07, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> > Btw: Is there any reason for not using XeTeX (or LuaTeX in the future)
> > for Chinese? (To be honest: I have absolutely no idea whether it works
> > and how good it works if at all, but I would expect less problems
> > there.)
>
> i bet that duncan uses it in some workflow that has to be stable i.e. no
> moving targets like xetex or luatex (yet)

That's certainly true for LuaTeX, but XeTeX is really not *so
unstable*. I agree, font support has been (and still is a bit) broken
until recently (and Leopard users report serious problems with
xdvipdfmx), but the rest of problems seems approximately equally
buggy/problematic to me as the rest of ConTeXt  :) :) :) :)

Only as a suggestion: could someone who has managed to "install"
Chinese fonts and map files successfully, upload the needed files to
http://modules.contextgarden.net/, so that it would be easier for
other users to take "ready-to-start-using" module rather than having
to read dozens of pages of how to get started?

In that case, supporting "Chinese on the garden" could be done right
away if needed (perhaps we need to enable third party modules on the
garden, which is really not so difficult to do).

Mojca