[NTG-context] Easy way to start working with cyrillic?

Klaus Gena klausgena at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:28:19 CET 2007

Hi,

I am entirely new to Tex and Context. I installed the stand alone mswin
context distro and manage to typeset Dutch texts without any problems, using
the manuals.

I also need to typeset Russian texts, however, and I was wondering if there
exists a painless, 'out of the box', way to make Context understand Russian
(and not transliterating everything), or is it necessary to install
additional fonts?

The wikipage on the contextgarden site on Russian doesn't really give any
positive results, and browsing the mailinglist archives neither.

Thanks,

Klaus Gena