[NTG-context] Some update woes on Linux

Jeff Smith ascarel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:22:43 CET 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 9:23 PM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course not :)
>
> You can say (features=default is optional)
>     \definefontsynonym[SomeFont][name:Font Name][features=default]
> which means that XeTeX will call the font
>     \font\somefont="FontName;mapping=tex-text,..." (tex-text is
> implied by features=default)
>
> Back in January and before one achived the same by saying
>     \definefontsynonym[SomeFont]['Font Name;mapping=tex-text'][encoding=uc]
> Now encoding=uc is not needed any more since it's implied when one
> runs XeTeX or LuaTeX. To be honest, it's not completely clear to me
> what should happen with type-xtx typescripts (how to remove uc
> encoding from there).
>
> The other possibility is to say
>     \definefontsynonym[SomeFont][file:lmroman12-regular][features=default]
> which means that XeTeX will load the font "lmroman12-regular.otf" from
> texmf tree, the equivalent in plain XeTeX being
>     \font\somefont="[lmroman12-regular];mapping=tex-text,..."
>
> When there is neither file: nor name: prefix
> (\definefontsynonym[SomeFont][lmr12]), it means that XeTeX will try to
> load a font in this order
> - lmr12 (good old tfm fonts)
> - "lmr12"
> - "[lmr12]"
> (the order might change)

Hmmm.. must I use \setupbodyfont as well when using the
\definefontsynonym method? Because those alternative methods don't
work.
This works:

\definetypeface[corps][rm][Xserif][Garamond Premier Pro]
\setupbodyfont[corps,12pt]

But not this:

\definefontsynonym[corps][name:Garamond Premier Pro][features=default]
 or
\definefontsynonym[corps][file:GaramondPremrPro.][features=default]
 or
\definefontsynonym[corps][Garamond Premier Pro][features=default]

I see the default Times font instead (it compiles ok).

Jeff