[NTG-context] referencing footnotes in another place

Andrea Valle valle at di.unito.it
Fri Nov 16 01:22:09 CET 2007

Hi to all,

the only thing I don't like in -TeX packages approach while writing
is that I have to attach the footnotes to their indices.
ConTeXt is so clever. Isn't there a way to store the footnotes in
another place of the file (or in another file, that's the same) and
referring to the in the text.
When I have many footnotes in the source I get crazy to follow the
body text.

I mean, with an exemplum fictum

This is my footnote\fn{myfn}, even if it's just my imagination

so that there's a way to a have

myfn = just a note

Maybe with buffers?
I'm an ignorant on the matter

Thanks

-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> andrea.valle at unito.it

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who
doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this
guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with
me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss
Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)