[NTG-context] referencing footnotes in another place

Andrea Valle valle at di.unito.it
Fri Nov 16 02:08:40 CET 2007

(Ah well, I'm a recordman for typos...:-))

I was thinking too about the database approach, but a system of
replacements would be enough for my needs.
It would allow me to organize better the source files.

> OTOH for large projects this could get a bit unwieldy and
> unmanageable.

Yes, that's true. But I was thinking about e.g. an article with long
footnotes

> Better in my view is to use an editor that supports folding, use a
> \start-stopfootnote macro, and fold them out of site when not
> needed (I
> have this in the Notepad++ setup).

This is a possibility, indeed

> Another idea is a lua script that texexec could use to label and/or
> move
> all the notes to a separate database for analyses or other processing.

Of course it would be interesting for critical editions.
My main concern was not so advanced. The separation between body text
and footnotes is
the only thing I miss from wysisyg.

Best

-a-

> It all needs thought...
>
> Best wishes
> Idris
>
> --
> Professor Idris Samawi Hamid, Editor-in-Chief
> International Journal of Shi`i Studies
> Department of Philosophy
> Colorado State University
> Fort Collins, CO 80523
>
> --
> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
> _____________

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> andrea.valle at unito.it

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who
doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this
guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with
me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss
Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)