[NTG-context] Gentium Basic/Book (getting even weirder)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 01:25:27 CET 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 5:33 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> OK, so I followed Mojca's tip and used this:
>
> \usetypescriptfile[times]
> \usetypescript[times]
> \mainlanguage[de]
> \setupbodyfont[times,10pt] \setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]
> \starttext
> Wort und Tat in 1906
> \stoptext
>

> But this takes about 95 (!) seconds to typeset with a lot of strange
> log entries:
>
> )kpathsea: Illegal fontname `texgyretermes-
> regular:script=latn;language=dflt;+liga;+kern;mapping=tex-
> text;mapping=tex-text;': contains ':'

> Thers MUST be something wrong/missing!!!

Wait ... I have been reading in the wrong order: so it does work, only too slow?

Actually, being slow and those weird lines in log are "normal" for the
current imlementation - it's a price for flexibility over efficiency,
but being so inefficient that its flexibility is nearly "useless".

What happens if you:
- use the latest xetex (http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/bin/xetex/)
- use the attached fixed file (it has been fixed a while ago, but Hans
hasn't released a new version yet)
- make sure that you have termes otf files
- only use

\usetypescript[times]
\mainlanguage[de]
\setupbodyfont[times,10pt] \setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]
\starttext
Wort und Tat in 1906
\stoptext

Mojca