[NTG-context] Opening ConTeXt files in emacs [was : selectively turn off captions]

Jean Magnan de Bornier jm.bornier at free.fr
Sun Dec 2 08:51:16 CET 2007

Le 01 décembre à 20:00:59 Roger Mason <rmason at esd.mun.ca> écrit notamment:

| Hello Jean & Peter,
>
| Jean Magnan de Bornier <jm.bornier at free.fr> writes:
>
| > Well, AucTeX does recognize a LaTeX file from a ConTeXt file; no need for that!
>
| I did it like that because I have (setq-default TeX-master nil) in my
| .emacs so it asks then inserts the local variables that Peter
| mentioned.  Having emacs recognise a context file by \starttext is
| fine except when you open a new file.
>
| This is drifting off topic but, if you have any tweaks to make AUCTeX
| work better with context than it does out of the box then I'd be glad
| to hear about them.

Well, not specific to AucTeX, you could use one of emacs' template modes
to create new tex files, specifying the needed lines in the template.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/TemplatesMode

(I use template.el to choose e.g. from several styles to write letters,
and I like it).

On the other hand, AucTeX maintainers might be willing to develop something
specific for opening context files...

cheers,
--
Jean