[NTG-context] [found it!] backward compatibility

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Fri Dec 7 12:43:28 CET 2007

> 2007/12/7, Steffen Wolfrum <context at st.estfiles.de>:
>> I had a closer look at the specific lines and now I guess I found the
>> change:
>>
>> [e.g.] AGB|-|Recht
>>
>> There is no hyphenation at |-| points anymore!!!
>>

>> How could this happen?
>>
>> Steffen
>
> Can you make a small example, I tried the following example on the
> wiki
> and the second line is always broken, the first only with PDFTeX
> but not
> with XeTeX.

(it was set with pdftex)

I made some tests: In some cases |-| still works (it looks to me as
if the priorities in the linebraking rules were mixed up?! But this
can't be ...).

Thus it is not so easy to make a representative example.
But look at the following, simulating a real example:

\usetypescript[postscript][ec]
\setupencoding[default=ec]
\mainlanguage[de]
\enableregime[utf]

\showframe

\setupbodyfont[postscript,14.5pt]
  \def\myFNnumber#1{\hskip1.15em{\switchtobodyfont[8pt]#1}\enskip}

\setupfootnotedefinition[command=
\myFNnumber,indentnext=yes,location=serried]

\starttext

\setnumber[footnote]{217}% this is broken, the next FN-number should
be 218

text\footnote{S. aber zu einer allgemeinen Regulierung von
Selbstverpflichtungen und normersetzenden Absprachen §§\,35, 36 UGB|-|
KomE und die dazu gehörige Begründung UGB|-|KomE S.\,501\,ff., sowie
§§\,130 - 136 IGB (3.\,Teil 1.\,Kapitel 6.\,Abschnitt). }.

\stoptext

Now the line breaking is as such:
218
S. aber zu einer allgemeinen Regulierung von Selbstverpflichtungen
und normer-
setzenden Absprachen §§ 35, 36 UGB-KomE und die dazu gehörige
Begründung UGB-
KomE S. 501 ff., sowie §§ 130 - 136 IGB (3. Teil 1. Kapitel 6.
Abschnitt).

Four months ago the same text came out like this:
218
S. aber zu einer allgemeinen Regulierung von Selbstverpfl ichtungen
und normerset-
zenden Absprachen §§ 35, 36 UGB-KomE und die dazu gehörige
Begründung UGB-KomE
S. 501 ff., sowie §§ 130 - 136 IGB (3. Teil 1. Kapitel 6. Abschnitt).

Help please!!

Steffen