[NTG-context] mkiv

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 21:48:04 CET 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 7:17 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a prelude to an independent language mechanism for mkiv (the tex
> part) I removes a few thingies. I was wondering ... is anyone using
> language specifics? Active quote stuff? Does that still make sense for
> mkiv? After all we can have more advanced exceptions and we have utf ...

enco-fsl can go away (in mkii as well), but not lang-sla.mki* :)

When looking into enco-fde (the same is true for Slovenian and Croatian):

  \def\setupDElanguage
    {\setuplanguage
       [\s!de]
       [\c!leftsentence=\leftguillemot,
        \c!rightsentence=\rightguillemot,
        \c!leftsubsentence=\leftsubguillemot,
        \c!rightsubsentence=\rightsubguillemot]}

I have suggested another way of handling that a few days ago (no
conclusions met).

Discretionaries should be handled by LuaTeX itself, right? So I guess
that they're not really needed if they find their way into mkiv.

Then only "a, "o, "u, "s are left for German. (I already wanted to ask
for "c -> č, "s -> š and "z ->ž mappings for Slovenian once, but I
have changed my mind. I find it extremely ugly, although I used to
write that way before someone has told me about
\usepackage[cp1250]{inputenc}

I would vote against supporting them ("a, "o, "u) in LuaTeX, but it's
not up to me.

Mojca