[NTG-context] What's the ps_name of AdobeMingStd-Light?

Zhichu Chen zhichu.chen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:58:00 CET 2007

Hi,

I searched the mail list for a while and I got that if I didn't specify the
font file, it will not be embeded and Acrobat Reader will just use its own
fonts to show the characters.

I want to make some Chinese documents and I think if I don't embed any
fonts, it will be much smaller than it used to be. And there is a cool font
AdobeMingStd-Light.otf coming along with Acrobat Reader so I wish I can use
it. I converted it to ttf and then tfm files (I don't know whether it is
legal) and write the map file like:
================================
uni-AdobeMingStd-Light-00 "Adobe Ming Std" " Unicode00Encoding ReEncodeFont
" <uni-00.enc
================================
I think the first column is for the tfm files, and I do get the
uni-AdobeMingStd-Light-00.tfm to uni-AdobeMingStd-Light-ff.tfm files. And
the second column is for the PS name of the font. I really don't know how to
write it because it has spaces in it, and when I replaced it with another PS
name that has no spaces or other special characters in it, say SimSun as a
common Simplified Chinese font in Windows, it worked fine.

So, any suggestions?

--
Best Regards
Chen

         Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
        No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
            tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com