[NTG-context] Zapf Chancery and mkiv

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Dec 19 00:15:19 CET 2007

Hi,

There is something wrong with the mappings for zapf chancery in mkiv.

Minimal example

\usetypescriptfile[type-gyr]
\definetypeface   [mainface]
[rm][serif][pagella][default][encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface   [mainface] [cg][calligraphy][chancery][default]
                   [encoding=texnansi]
\setupbodyfont
   [mainface,10pt]

\starttext
\cg test
\stoptext

Gives

This went wrong: /home/adityam/texmf/tex/context/base/font-tfm.lua:141: attempt to index local 'tfmdata' (a nil value)
error >> define font: font with name texgyrechorus-regular is not found.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                   \let \localrelativefontsiz...
\fontstrategy ...me \fontclass #2#3#4#5\endcsname
                                                   \tryingfontfalse \fi
<inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize
                                                   \fi \iftryingfont \fontstr...
\synchronizefont ...strategy \the \fontstrategies
                                                   \relax \fi \iftryingfont \...
l.9 \cg
         test
? r
OK, entering \nonstopmode...
! Font \*mainface10ptcgtfcg*:=texgyrechorus-regular*default at 10pt not loadable: metric data not found or bad.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                   \let \localrelativefontsiz...
\fontstrategy ...me \fontclass #2#3#4#5\endcsname
                                                   \tryingfontfalse \fi
<inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize
                                                   \fi \iftryingfont \fontstr...
\synchronizefont ...strategy \the \fontstrategies
                                                   \relax \fi \iftryingfont \...
l.9 \cg
         test

I get the same error on contextgarden. Only texgyrechorus-italicmedium.otf
is availabe from tex-gyre website. But context is looking for
texgyrechorus-regular and cannot find it. The same file works with mkii.

Aditya