[NTG-context] stable new-minimals distribution?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 00:45:02 CET 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 2:36 PM, Santy, Michael wrote:

> Thanks, Mocja.  When do you anticipate the new minimals to be stable and
> ready?

They are already ready in the sense that they're usable (I use them myself).
The "unstable" part might be:
- their location
- "fetching scripts" (more support for modules should be added)
- we need an intermediate testing step (to confirm that minimals work
before updating the whole tree to the public)

I have no idea about the dates. But as long as you don't neet to rely
on the location to stay the same, feel free to use them and provide
feedback.

> I'm particularly interested in the Sun distribution since one is not
> provided by Pragma.

Almost everything needed for Sun is there already, except for the
recent versions of LuaTeX & XeTeX (and probably some scripts including
setuptex, first-setup.sh and mtx-update.lua need a minor update to
recognise the platform properly). (pdfTeX & metapost are also from TeX
Live, but that's not a problem)

That's something that Arthur (or you?) should provide. I cannot make
binaries for solaris myself.

Mojca