[NTG-context] Keeping up-to-date under TeXLive

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 04:47:36 CET 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 9:17 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:
> Create $HOME/texmf. Download justtex.zip, and cont-tmf.zip, cont-fnt.zip
> from pragma's website, and unzip them inside $HOME/texmf. Download the
> font files from TeX Gyre and unzip then in $HOME/texmf.

Do I need to set the TEXMFHOME environment variable?

Also: will downloading linuxtex.zip to the same place give me
up-to-date luatex, or will it just mess up my installation?

> Remake the formats, move the stubs and few programs to the path, and you
> are done.

Is there a command to remake the pdftex and xetex formats together?

Rather than moving programs, might it be easier to add
~/texmf/<whatever>/bin to the PATH?

> The only drawback of this is that you have to update manually. ctxtools
> --updatecontext unzip the file in TEXMFLOCAL, and not TEXMFHOME, so it
> does not work with this setup.

Hmm...  will the rsync update work, or do I need to download the zips?

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll report back on what works.

--Joel