[NTG-context] ConTeXt meeting: preliminary registrations open now

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 23:47:53 CET 2008

Hello dear ConTeXt enthusiasts,

First of all I would like to thank to all of you who have replied to
my first mail.
(It's really a pity that quite some people whom I was hoping to see or
get to know will not be able to participate this year.)

I have put the meeting page online now (not perfect yet, but it serves
the basic needs):
     http://meeting.contextgarden.net/
The registration form should be working now (I hope so at least - two
have registered already).

I had two locations in mind, but I have chosen the nicer and cheaper
one, which consequently means that it is fully booked months in
advance. Even though it could host two such meetings, I cannot take
the risk of booking and paying for too many empty beds, or vice versa:
it would be stupid to decline people just because of too few
reservations.

Why to come?
- meet ConTeXt fellows
- present your work
- solve your problems quickly
- not every software can offer you direct contact with its authors:
you will be proud to say that you have met two among the most
important TeX-ies around the world (then you will be only one step
away from Don E. Knuth)
- spend nice holidays next to the biggest Slovenian lake (swimming, if
the weather will still permit) - if it will be too cold or rainy, you
may continue your trip to the Croatian coast
- some last year participants on the list could name you other reasons
as well :-)

So - if you're thinking about visiting this tiny, but wonderful piece
of Europe in August, please register right away on
     http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2008/register.shtml
(and choose "I will come for sure" :)

    Mojca