[NTG-context] (Most) stable minimal for Mac Intel

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Jan 21 19:21:09 CET 2008

>                      I'm just a bit confused about what the most
> stable release of LuaTeX is at the moment and where to get it ... from
> Pragma or the garden?

  Neither.  The source for the LuaTeX binaries is the Supélec GForge
repository (cross-referenced from luatex.org):

	http://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10

  It contains binaries for every beta version, not only the latest one;
but as a rule you should better take the latest beta release if you have
a recent ConTeXt: Mark IV often relies on very recent LuaTeX features,
so older binaries will *not* run smoothly, on the contrary.

  The current version is beta-0.20.2.  I build the binaries for Mac OS X
myself each time Taco releases a beta (I compile on Tiger, but I expect
the binaries should work flawlessly on Leopard -- if you experience
problems, please report).

	Arthur