[NTG-context] MKIV Chinese typesetting

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Jan 29 00:19:17 CET 2008

> This is wrong, fon-otf contains a few lua macros about linebreaking
> and char-def has information about the character width (full width,
> half width ...)
> and other information like opening punctuation, parenthesis but none
> of them is finished.

  OK, I thought line breaking would be managed in node-*, so I didn't
look in font-otf for it.

>>   Sure, there should be a possibility of specifying a Western font to be
>> used inside Chinese text.
>
> Could be done with cirtual fonts but we need a interface.

  Sure, no need to rush things.

> You need the hang script, it takes care about the linebreak.

  What do you mean?  How does it take care about the linebreak?  And how
can it be relevant for Chinese characters?  Default Chinese fonts from
Adobe like AdobeSongStd don't have a "hang" script at all anyway.  Do
you know fonts that have?

	Arthur