[NTG-context] ConTeXt book

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:51:10 CET 2008

Hi all,

Indeed the documents mentioned by Taco are great, but some time ago
there was a discussion on the list about an update of those manuals
(dating from 1999, according to the colofon) and about how we users
can contribute to the job by finding the possible bugs, errors,
misprints, etc. But us far as I know we, at least I, didn't do anything…

Now in my opinion the idea of having a book is a good one: for
instance many of my students when writing reports and theses ask me
about a book on TeX or LaTeX, even though there are many electronic
documents about them freely available. Our library has the books by
Donald Knuth, Leslie Lamport and Raymond Séroul among others, and if
there were a book about ConTeXt I would certainly order at least two
for our library and one for myself. For making ConTeXt more popular
among mathematicians (or other academic users) I think it is good to
have books about it in libraries, since at first students look for
books before sticking to one of TeX flavors.

Best regards: OK