[NTG-context] week of wiki 1: call for "installation instructions"

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Wed Feb 6 21:37:00 CET 2008

Am 2008-02-06 um 21:03 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

>> I just cleaned up the Mac page (it was really messy)
> Now that I have seen a note about TeXShop, maybe a note about editors
> (TextMate) or link to page with editors and viewers (Skim) would be in
> place as well (at least a list of them).

Ok, I linked to Text_Editors - every further tool should be listed
there, not on the installation pages.

>> to the minimal distribution - that page goes under the bad name of
>> "Linux_User_Installation". I guess we should rename that.
> True, Linux_User_Installation should be more general since it works
> with any "unix".
> I have alse created a page
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals, but that one needs to
> be improved (too much junk on it - wiki pages need to be short and
> clear, else nobody reads them).

I can't help with that - I use TeXlive, updated with "ctxtools --
updatecontext".

> Hans has not updated his distribution since August (which means that
> there are still old binaries ond fonts) and we're working on improving
> the new minimals at the moment. The good side of it is that it uses
> rsync, and updates semi-automatically (binaries need to be rebuilt
> manually, and many parts need to be improved), the bad side of it is
> that if garden goes down, there is no backup server yet to fetch the
> binaries from (and if the disk stops working, I will need quite some
> time to get all the parts together again), and the structure might
> still change a bit.

Ok, we (you?) should explain the relationship between the minimals
hosted at "pragma-ade.com/context/install/" (Linux_User_Installation)
and that on "minimals.contextgarden.net" (ConTeXt Minimals).

I could provide some space on my webserver as backup (how much do you
need?), but I'd prefer to get no too much public traffic.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/