[NTG-context] %18 or 18% : incorrect placement of the percentage sign ?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Feb 8 10:12:25 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 03:32:05PM +0100, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
> > that is 789 456 123. To overcome this issue one may write
> >
> > \beginL
> > ۱۲۳ ۴۵۶ ۷۸۹
> > \endL
>
>   I think this is more or less what the Unicode bidi algorithm
> recommends (using the corresponding Unicode characters, of course, not
> e-TeX commands).  I have to check.

  Actually no, it expects you to use the non-breaking space (U+00A0
NO-BREAK SPACE) as a digit separator instead of the normal space.
Sequences of digits interspersed with non-breaking spaces are not
reordered by the Bidi Algorithm, contrary to what happens when you use a
normal space.

  Of course this is not practical in ConTeXt for the moment, as the
non-breaking space isn't treated as such (or is it?).

	Arthur