[NTG-context] colors in pgf within context

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Feb 19 09:50:45 CET 2008

Jesse Alama wrote:
> Hi Aditya,
>
> Thanks for the help -- I think I now see why there is such trouble with
> colors in pgf and context.  It looks like one can systematically
> transform LaTeX-like PGF examples of \color into ConTeXt examples.

keep in mind that color handles sveral grouping cases:

{\somecolor whatever}

\color[somecolor]{whatever}

all use the same underlying mechanissm (and sometimes aftergroup to
revert to the outer color; this may interfere when grouping is kind of
unpredictable

in case of doubt: \color[name]{..} works best (explicit braces)