[NTG-context] Adobe Reader, PNG transparency and colors

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Wed Feb 20 20:56:38 CET 2008

Am 2008-02-20 um 19:54 schrieb Martin Schröder:
>> However, there seems to be one more strange thing (not that big):
>> If I
>> include some transparent stuff on a light background (i.e. a
>> metapost figure
>> on a light gray screen), there's a visible rectangle around it (on
>> the
>> screen). Don't you what's the cause and how to solve it?
> Probably a bug in Adobe Reader. We don't draw rectangles around
> included images. :-)

Yes, it's unfortunately normal at least in Acrobat 7 and 8, also in
Apple's PDF viewer (in Preview, Mail etc.).
In my experience esp. transparent (or flattened) elements show a fine
white border - but if you zoom in, it stays the same fine line or
sometimes disappeares. And it never shows in print.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/