[NTG-context] texshow out of sync?

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Tue Mar 11 09:41:36 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11 2008, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> > What about merging the 2 texshow databases (web and perl), and then
> > maintaining only one unique database?
>
> texshow.pl can't always go to the web to fetch (or even check the
> filestamp) of its database, that would be dead-slow.  So that
> would mean pre-packaging the database in the distribution, and
> that in turn means it will need a maintainer ...

Hello Taco,

Do the 2 databases have the same format?

If yes, I could be the maintainer, and copy in a regular time interval the
web-database to some svn repository or elsewhere for the distribution.
Then texshow.pl would see the same database, just not the latest version.
And whenever you or other people add new commands and descriptions, they do
it on the web only.

If no, then we could discuss other options...

Best wishes, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/