[NTG-context] "Missing" ligatures, smallcaps, etc.

David Wooten dw at trichotomic.net
Sat Mar 15 00:00:40 CET 2008

Greetings all,

I've just tried to retypeset a file with very recent conTeXt/pdfTeX
minimals (as of a few days ago). The file is only a year or so old...
but it was originally typeset with a combination of TeX installations.
It goes almost okay, except that it doesn't show any ligatures (e.g.
Th), and won't do the small capitals which the original handled fine.
I'm not sure where to start looking.... though there is this error in
the log:

pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file a_zqd2tu.enc): cannot open encoding file
for reading
Any ideas where to start?
Best, David