[NTG-context] Strange format error with xetex engine on debian sid

Morgan Brassel morgan.brassel at free.fr
Sat Mar 15 16:33:47 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing problems with the xetex engine on debian sid. I'm using the
official packages context and texlive-xetex. Maybe one of you has the same
setup and has a hint... When I try to compile a simple "hello world!"
document, I get the following message:

This is XeTeXk, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.996-patch1 (Web2C 7.5.6)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
---! /var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdftex/cont-en.fmt was written by pdftex
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

I didn't change anything to the setup made by official packages. Is there a
problem with one of them?

Best regards,
Morgan