[NTG-context] further stubs

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 30 16:12:18 CEST 2008

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I suggest putting 3 further stubs into .../scripts/context/stubs/unix :
>
> 1.) luatools:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> texmfstart luatools.lua "$@"
>

> 2.) mtxrun:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> texmfstart mtxrun.lua "$@"
>

> 3.) context (same file as .../scripts/context/lua/context):
>
> #!/bin/sh
> mtxrun --script context $@
>

> This has 2 advantages:
> - you can put .../scripts/context/stubs/unix in your PATH
> - you can type "texexec file" for MKII and "context file" for MKIV
>
> (same for MS-Win of course)
>
> What do you think?

both luatools and mtxrun are meant to be unstubbed

(1) luatools itself knows about the tree and therefore can start pretty
fast

(2) mtxrun is the replacement for texmfstart so in our case one would
have a slow stub loading a fast stub loading a program; i didn't test it
but texmfstart could be a symlink to mtxrun

the context command can be stubbed indeed (i need to add that one, but
it's still somewhat experimental)

	luatools --selfupdate
	mtxrun --selfupdate

should result in an updated versions