[NTG-context] xetex and attachment: troubles

Andrea Valle valle at di.unito.it
Thu Apr 3 11:08:55 CEST 2008

Thanks Mojca,

> The problem is not the "--xtx switch", but the lack of support for the
> underlying (xdvipdfmx) driver.

Sorry, please remember I'm very far from there...
I was just meaning: the problem is in xetex engine?

> I googled a bit and found the following slides:
>       http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfmx/doc/tug2005.pdf
> see page 18 in particular.

thanks, means really nothing to me :-)

> In spec-fdf there is:
>
> \definespecial \doattachfile {\doPDFattachfile}
>
> \def\doPDFattachfile#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8%
>   {\bgroup % title width height color symbol file
>    \edefconvertedargument\PDFfile{#8}%
>    % beware: the symbol may (indirectly) use the file
>    % reference when typesetting the object number;
>    \presetPDFsymbolappearance{#5}{#6}{#2}{#3}{#4}% sets width/height
>    \startPDFsymbolappearance
>      \doPDFembedfile\PDFfile{#7}{#8}%
>      \doPDFgetembeddedfilereference\PDFfile\PDFobjectreference
>      \setFDFlayer\@@DriverAttachmentLayer
>      \doPDFannotation{\width}{\totalheight}
>        {/Subtype /FileAttachment
>         /FS \PDFobjectreference\space
>         /Contents (#1)
>         \PDFsymbol
>         \FDFlayer
>         \PDFattributes}%
>    \stopPDFsymbolappearance
>    \egroup}
>

> Something similar needs to be added to spec-dpx.tex.

Can't follow you here. What is spec-dpx?

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.myspace.com/andreavalle
--> andrea.valle at unito.it

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who
doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this
guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with
me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss
Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)

--> andrea.valle at unito.it

"
Think of it as seasoning
. noise [salt] is boring
. F(blah) [food without salt] can be boring
. F(noise, blah) can be really tasty
"
(Ken Perlin on noise)