[NTG-context] luatex feature question/request

Marcin Borkowski mbork at atos.wmid.amu.edu.pl
Fri Apr 4 07:09:24 CEST 2008

Hello!

I was just wondering, whether something like this is possible in luatex
- and if not, if it might be implemented;).  I'd like to be able to
transform somehow the input right *before* TeX sees it.  What I mean is
e.g. a transformation using regexps.  Application I have in mind is as
follows: in Polish, there are a few prepositions which are one-letter
words; it's a bad custom to leave them hanging at the end of a line.
Such an option could automatically put ties (~) instead of spaces after
them - a feature sometimes requested by Polish TeX users.

Yours,

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)