[NTG-context] t-bib: URL and '%'; spacing between number and text

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Apr 4 11:39:32 CEST 2008

Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hello Taco,
>
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Tobias Burnus wrote:
>>
>>> The problem is: If I do not escape the % signs, I get a TeX error. If I
>>> escape them with \%, both the link and the printed text show the
>>> backslash. What is the proper way of doing it?
>>>
>> Yikes. There is no 'proper way' afaik, sorry.
>> I am busy catching up right now, so I have no time to delve into this
>> for the next few days. You will probably have to remind me (end of the
>> week?)
>>
> OK: * Ping * ;-)

Does this fix I wrote (back in September) actually work?

% start fix
\unprotect
\def\dousepublications#1%
   {\doonlyonce
      {#1.\f!bibextension}
      {\readfile{#1.\f!bibextension}
      {\catcode`\%=12
       \showmessage\m!bib{4}{#1.\f!bibextension}}
      {\showmessage\m!bib{2}{#1.\f!bibextension}}}}
\protect
% end fix

> I saw in a book some quite interesting author index. It consisted of the
> references followed by the page number(s):
>
> Lastname, A. and B. Smith, My Journal, 44, 1234 (2020).    33, 47, 77
>
> How difficult would it to get it with t-bib? The page numbers would be
> simply the pages where the reference was \cite[]ed.

Not too hard, if you don't mind editting the bib / bbl a bit;
making it truly automatic and still configurable would be hard.
Example attached.

Best wishes,
Taco