[NTG-context] analyzing type-otf.tex

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Tue Apr 8 22:30:21 CEST 2008

Am 2008-04-08 um 13:41 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>> To Hraban: oh, I did not understand you joke at first :-) Now I see
>> what you were trying to say with "extending the font to the full
>> unicode range" :-) And sure enough - LuaTeX doesn't do that either.

Sorry, I should know since a few years that my jokes aren't
understandable... ;-)
(I tend to joke with my father about details of grammar and
constantly quote lyrics of unknown songs...)

> at some point we can start thinking of defining virtual font
> collections

Would be cool!

I'm working occasionally on a songbook that contains a Russian song,
and I'd like to print the original text in cyrillic (even if I can
hardly read it).
I've everything in UTF-8, so it would be great if ConTeXt could
change the font automatically or language-dependent.

I still didn't try anything with that, though, maybe it's easy - the
base font is Century Schoolbook (because that's LilyPond's default
font and it works well for a songbook), and if I use XeTeX/luaTeX
with TeXGyre Schola, it should just work. (Or don't you think?)

Ok, maybe I don't even need virtual font collections...

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/