[NTG-context] ConTeXt ultraminimals (was re: Perl/Ruby dependency)

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:52:34 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> luatex + context mkiv is indeed independent [of Ruby]
>
> - index sorting takes place in mkiv
> - job control is done with mtxrun/mtx-context

Now that I've been told the idea is at least possible, I've been
thinking about how to generate a micro-minimal mkiv distribution: no
fonts except the LM set, no engines except luaTeX, no kpathsea, &
preferably no external dependencies (perl, ruby, &c.).

So how to best go about this?  I'm downloading the current minimals
(or should I use the .zips at
<http://www.pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm>?); what can I cut out?

--Joel