[NTG-context] ConTeXt ultraminimals (was re: Perl/Ruby dependency)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Apr 11 09:42:33 CEST 2008

Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>> luatex + context mkiv is indeed independent [of Ruby]
>>
>> - index sorting takes place in mkiv
>> - job control is done with mtxrun/mtx-context
>
> Now that I've been told the idea is at least possible, I've been
> thinking about how to generate a micro-minimal mkiv distribution: no
> fonts except the LM set, no engines except luaTeX, no kpathsea, &
> preferably no external dependencies (perl, ruby, &c.).
>
> So how to best go about this?  I'm downloading the current minimals
> (or should I use the .zips at
> <http://www.pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm>?); what can I cut out?

use the minimals from the garden .. the zips will go away (apart from
the cont-* zips)

one option is to write a dedicated fetch script, load the minimals for
luatex use only (is an option) and then look at the files you need

i wonder if it's worth the trouble because all you get extra on top of
lm is tex gyre open type