[NTG-context] ConTeXt ultraminimals (was re: Perl/Ruby dependency)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:43:17 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:32 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
> >  See my reply to Hans (about five minutes before this message); it's
>  >  complexity of installation and options, not disc usage, that I'm
>  >  trying to minimize.
>  A bit off-topic:
>  mayb we can also think a context-live iso img.

I have already done it once (perl and ruby added to the CD, and
formats generated), and one could be prepared at/for the conference.
However, I have no idea how sensible the formats are (if you prepare a
live CD with slightly different versions of pdfTeX for different
platforms - probably that's not going to work?) And luatex should then
put its cache into temp.

Mojca

PS: but the main problem with CD is that you cannot update it, so it
probably gets old before you even manage to burn it