[NTG-context] mplib & undefined commands

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 13:23:12 CEST 2008


Hi,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>  > 2.) undefined command
>  >      \forceMPTEXcheck{put_text}
>
>  ok, i will add a fake

Thanks.

>
>  > I have now used a wrapper to skip that line in LuaTeX (btw: what's the
>  > suggested \if clause or \beginNOLUATEX to check for luatex/mkiv?) Does
>  > it make sense to define \let\forceMPTEXcheck\empty in mkiv perhaps?
>
>  best make a
>
>  yourmodule.tex
>  yourmodule.mkii
>  yourmodule.mkiv
>
>  and in the tex file adds:
>
>  \loadmarkfile{yourmodule}

OK, once I rewrite some more code than a few lines, I will split it
(but now there are really only minor, one-line patches).

>  > 3.) undefined command \obeyMPlines. I actually forgot why I needed it,
>  > but according to the comment:
>  >     \obeyMPlines % <- no longer a problem
>  >     \def\obeyedline{}% <- thanks to this
>  > I simply commented out the first line and hoped for no problems in mkii
>
>  ok, another fake

Thanks. Still - I don't know if it's still needed at all and what
exactly it was used for (maybe metapost has complained about too long
lines long time ago).

>  > 4.) It seems to work without problems now, except for one tiny detail
>  > that I get in the final PDF.
>  >     [do we need TeXtexts in MkIV]
>  >
>  > What is that supposed to mean?
>
>  well, that everything now can be 'textext'
>
>
>  > I need to admit that I have the following piece of code in the module
>  > (in case that matters). Maybe I'm the only one who uses it, so if you
>  > have any idea how to modify the macros to make
>  > \sometxt[gp][iwona,14pt]{text} work in mkiv, I will happily drop the
>  > old code/replace it for mkiv.
>
>  hm, so \sometxt is not working? i thought that i tested it (maybe not
>  ... too much to test)

\sometxt is working, only some Aditya's extensions complain. I will
test a bit, try to rewrite some bits and pieces, collect the missing
parts and report back.

>
>  > \long\def\redofiltersometxt[#1]%
>  > {\doifnextcharelse[{\reredofiltersometxt[#1]}{\redodofiltersometxt[#1]}}
>  >
>  > \long\def\redodofiltersometxt[#1]#2%
>  >   {\increment\txtcounter
>  >    \TeXtext[#1]\txtcounter{#2}%
>  >    \filtersometxt}
>  >
>  > \long\def\reredofiltersometxt[#1][#2]#3%
>  >   {\increment\txtcounter
>  >    \TeXtext[#1]\txtcounter{\switchtobodyfont[#2]\strut#3}%
>  >    \filtersometxt}
>
>  i think that we have it in the core

You have added the ability to use
    \sometxt[something]{abc}
with a background definition of:
    \definetextext[something]{\strut}
but I wanted to have two square brackets and Aditya has written a
small patch which does that. Let me explore a bit more in the new mkiv
sources and report back.

>  anyhow, just collects what does not work
>
>  (btw, i fixed something in textext ... i used to work only for code
>  passed as mpgraphic, but now it works also with libraries and so)

Thanks :) I didn't notice any weird behaviour so far, but I'm glad
that it's away before I started complaining about it :) :P

Mojca


More information about the ntg-context mailing list