[NTG-context] LuaTeX problems with \seeindex and \from

Drazen Baic dpeterx at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 00:02:08 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Drazen Baic <dpeterx at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>  > Drazen Baic wrote:
>  >  > Hi,
>  >  >
>  >  > Here is a small test file. Compiled with 'texexec --lua' the register
>  >  > has only the entry 'Software 1' but it should have one additional
>  >  > entry 'Apache see Software'. This works OK when compiled with
>  >  > 'texexec --xtx'
>  >  >
>  >  > \starttext
>  >  > \index{Software}Software
>  >  > \seeindex{Apache}{Software}Apache
>  >  >
>  >  > \placeindex
>  >  > \stoptext
>  >
>  >  see was not supported yet; i added it

I just did an update to ConTeXt 2008.04.15 21:21 and it works perfectly
for my example above. But if you use abbreviations the 'see ...' entry in
the registers shows the value between the brackets in the abbreviation
definition. Here is a small example:

\definesynonyms [abbreviation] [abbreviations][\infull]
\setupsynonyms [abbreviation]
\abbreviation [GCc] {\sc gcc} {GNU C Compiler}
\abbreviation [GNU] {\sc gnu} {{\sc gnu'}s Not Unix}

\starttext
\index{Software}Software
\seeindex{Apache}{Software}Apache
\index[GCC]{\GCc}\GCc\
\seeindex[GNU C Compiler]{\GNU\ C Compiler}{\GCc}\GNU\ C Compiler

\placeindex

\stoptext

I defined the GCc abbreviation with small c on purpose to demonstrate
that 'GCc' shows up in the register instead of {\sc gcc}.

I tried to look at the file core-reg.lua and thought that the error has
to be at

if vv[1] == 'e' then
    -- format reference pagespec realpage
    flush(template.page:format(class,",",vv[4],vv[5],vv[3]))
elseif vv[1] == 's' then
    flush(template.see:format(class,",",vv[5],vv[3]))

but as I know nothing about Lua I gave up pretty soon.

Regards,
Drazen