[NTG-context] small caps and old numbers with open type fonts

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:17:16 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Antoine Junod <toto at tots-ns.net> wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang!
>
> "Wolfgang Schuster" <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Antoine Junod <toto at tots-ns.net> wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> I actually use my font as simple as possible with a
> >> \definefont[boum][MyFont at 12pt]. Is it the problem?
> >>
> >> It the same with the \sc command.
> >
> > \definefont[boum][MyFont at 12pt]
> > \definefont[scboum][MyFont*smallcaps at 12pt]
>
> Wow, beautifull, thanks :) Where is the * and what we can put after
> (smallcaps for example) described? I have the strong feeling to search
> in the wrong place without any result.

The * is used to assign a feature to the font and you could find
a description in font-ini.tex /grep for \definefontfeature) but the better
way is to use typescripts for your fonts.

ConTeXt has the following features predefined:
- default
- smallcaps
- oldstyle

It is also possible to change the features of a font within the text
with the command \setfontfeature{...}.

Wolfgang