[NTG-context] Deleted files (Was re. Windows tools in XeTeX)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 16:50:57 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>  > >  There are some new executables in w32tex's XeTeX.
>  >
>  >  I'll remove them.
>
>  How does the Minimals distribution deal with files deleted from the
>  server?  Does rsync know enough to remove files as well?

You only need to pass --delete to rsync. (You can also pass --delete
to mtx-update.)
But you need to make sure that you fetch everything in a single call to rsync.

rsync -av --delete first/ one
rsync -av --delete second/ one

won't work, you need to use

rsync -av --delete first/ second/ one

instead

(However, it's also possible that I forget to delete some things from
the server.)

Mojca