[NTG-context] typesetting modules

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Apr 19 17:23:57 CEST 2008

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>>> Nothing, but ted files use dutch macro commands, so they need
>>> the dutch interface.
>> I was totally misinforming you, sorry. Let me start over... hangon.
>
> Here we go: it uses the dutch interface because there is no explicit
> interface given in the file nor on the command line, and it so happens
> that line 3 of <whatever>.ted contains
>
>    \startdocumentation

ah, i can remove that test because i don't think that nowadays anyone is
using startdocument (old functionality to build styles for letters,
stickers, etc)

> This matches the dutch heuristics for interface discovery because
> it is a superset of \startdocument. The second case in scantexcontent
> in tex.rb probably should have something like a \b at the end of the
> match.
>
> I was confused because
>
>     texexec --interface=en char-utf.ted
>
> doesn't work either, but that is unrelated. You need to preload
> a module that texexec --module would load automatically:
>
>    texexec --interface=en --use=mod-01 char-utf.ted
>
> That should do it.

or

texexec --modu char-utf.tex

thinking of it ... i add this feature to one of the mtx-* files because:

(1) the whole conversion can be done in memory so no intermediate file
is needed
(2) the xml interface loading when using luatex is less demanding (and
can result in faster runs for bigger documents