[NTG-context] who eats my spaces

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 29 09:05:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm <hraban at fiee.net> wrote:
> Am 2008-04-28 um 11:45 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
> >> I don't know who eats you spaces, but I assume you could do
> > The period after "B" in the author filed eats the space, I tried
> > the example
> > with "B Rüssel" and the space is in the output.
>
> Of course, every normal inter-word space is kept; that's why I wrote
> "that in titles the space after a dot ... gets eaten". (Ok, it's a
> full stop, maybe not a dot?)

Seems I forgot what you wrote after I tested your example.

> I consider this a very strange bug, can't avoid punctuation in titles.

Enclosing the period in braces {.} did work and is a temprorary solution
but the problem need to be solved.

> >>   \def\\{\nomarking{\unskip\nolist\crlf}}
> >>
> >> together with
> >>
> >> \startsectionworld[chapter][author=B. Rüssel, title=Consequences of
> >>   the Brussels Declaration \\for German cultural politics]
>
> Thank you, Taco!
> \unskip really seems to be what I was looking for.
>
> \nocr was a meaningless duplication of \\, and I should have thought
> of a space before that.
>
> > \setuphead[chapter][incrementnumber=no]
>
> I had that already. And I don't see how that would influence
> typesetting of punctuation or spaces?

I inserted it to get a space for \\ in the table of content, I wasn't related
to the space after punctuation but to the header content. Just related to
the minimum example.

Wolfgang