[NTG-context] Font features not always working

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Tue May 6 14:17:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Lutz Haseloff
<lutz.haseloff at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> it seems that some fonts need script=latn in \definefontfeature.
> (i copied and pasted from font-ini.tex)
>
> So your file works here:
>
> --------------------------
> % engine=luatex
>
> \definefontfeature
>  [default]
>  [script=latn,liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes]
>
> \definefontfeature
>  [smallcaps]
>  [script=latn,liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes,smcp=yes]
>
> \definefontfeature
>  [oldstyle]
>  [script=latn,liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes,onum=yes]

I looked into font-ini from my old installation and all fontfeatures
where defined with the latin script, would be interesting to know
why this has changed and if there is a reason for this.

> \definefont[pan][file:texgyrepagella-regular*default]
> \definefont[pas][file:texgyrepagella-regular*smallcaps]
> \definefont[pao][file:texgyrepagella-regular*oldstyle]
>
> \definefont[can][file:CAMBRIA*default]
> \definefont[cas][file:CAMBRIA*smallcaps]
> \definefont[cao][file:CAMBRIA*oldstyle]
>
> \definefont[con][file:CORBEL*default]
> \definefont[cos][file:CORBEL*smallcaps]
> \definefont[coo][file:CORBEL*oldstyle]
>
> \starttext
>
> \pan ANB anc 123 VA Ta
>
> \pas ANB anc 123 VA Ta
>
> \pao ANB anc 123 VA Ta
>
> \can ANB anc 123 VA Ta
>
> \cas ANB anc 123 VA Ta
>
> \cao ANB anc 123 VA Ta
>
> \con ANB anc 123 VA Ta
>
> \cos ANB anc 123 VA Ta
>
> \coo ANB anc 123 VA Ta
> \blank
>
> \starttabulate
> \NC ConTeXt         \EQ \contextversion        \NC\NR
> \NC LuaTeX Revision \EQ \number\luatexversion  \NC\NR
> \NC LuaTeX Revision \EQ \number\luatexrevision \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \stoptext

The example works now as expected.

Thank you very much Lutz, for the solution.

Greetings
Wolfgang