[NTG-context] a question about ConTeXt + AUCTeX

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Thu May 15 14:00:09 CEST 2008

On May 15, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Recently I installed Aquamacs Emacs which is nicely working. And I
> also found AUCTeX macros in the wiki.
> Since I am a newbie to AUCTeX, I don't know how to apply such codes to
> Aquamacs.
>
> Would someone tell me how to do that?
>
> When I choose PDFConTeXt-en>command > ConTeXt, it runs with the
> command
> "texexec --once --pdf ...".
> Is there any way to change it to "texmfstart texexec ..."?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Dalyoung Jeong

I don't use Aquamacs precisely because I find customizing it more
difficult than other Carbon Emacsen, but you can try this:

M-x customize-variabel <Return>
TeX-command-list <Return>

in the list, scroll down to ConTeXt and change the Command to
texmfstart texexec %t. You have to make sure yourself that texmfstart
is in your $PATH and that Aquamaces knows about this $PATH. You can
also add other commands, I have "LuaConTeXt mtxrun --script context
%t" and "XeConTeXt texmfstart texexec --xtx %t".

HTH

Thomas