[NTG-context] a question about ConTeXt + AUCTeX

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sat May 17 18:06:10 CEST 2008

On May 17, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Emacs has a setenv command, so you could "do" the whole setuptex
> in elisp with commands like this in your emacs startup script:
>
> (setenv "TEXMF"
> "{$TEXMFOS,$TEXMFPROJECT,$TEXMFFONTS,$TEXMFLOCAL,$TEXMFEXTRA,!!
> $TEXMFMAIN}")
>
> Maybe that is an idea?
>
> Cheers,
> Taco

Yes, that would be possible (but you would also have to set the PATH
variable). Another idea on Mac OS X is the use of an environment.plist
which will set variables for all GUI applications. I'm not very much
in favor of that, though, because it has created problems in the past
with Geben Wierda's TeX installer. Since I spend much of my time in a
terminal window anyway, I find it easiest to start emacs and/or gvim
from there.

Best

Thomas