[NTG-context] markup format ---> ConTeXt

Maurice Diamantini Maurice.Diamantini at ensta.fr
Tue Jun 3 08:48:39 CEST 2008

Le 30 mai 08 à 13:22, Aditya Mahajan a écrit :

> On Fri, 30 May 2008, Gour wrote:
>
>> Some of the more popular markup-formats are AsciiDoc
>> (http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/index.html) and reStructuredText
>> (http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html), but according to what I
>> see
>> both are missing ConTeXt back-end (latex only) :-(
>>
>> Any suggestion for 'popular' markup with ConTexT back-end?
>
> Have a look at pandoc which converts markdown to ConTeXt and also to
> many
> other formats including html. There was also some discussion for
> conversion to OO, but I do not know the current status of that.
>
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/

Just some remarks/questions:
- docbook seems to be the standard for describing documentation data,
- dblatex seams to be a currently good supported tools for **easely**
provide pdf
   output from docbook input, and cutomize the output with .xsl
parameters or
   LaTeX .sty files
- dbcontext seams not to be maintained very much
- ConTeXt seams to be able to directly parse xml without external tools

So, what about make ConTeXt directly reading dokbook file and output
pdf file?
I see the http://www.leverkruid.eu/context/index.html page from Simon
Pepping.
But it seems that this project is down.

If ConTeXt provide an easy way for translate docbook to pdf file
(usable by
a non (ie. not yet) ConTeXt user as dblatex is), I think poeple could
switch
to ConTeXt only for that feature (not everybody have dependency with
LaTeX!)
Then the problem would resume to find a good "yourPreferedWikiFormat" to
docbook...
(I'v not seen any "t-bocbook" file on http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules)

-- Maurice